About The Role
Rocket Lab’s mission is to revolutionize the way we access space. We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of cumbersome traditional launch services. We are ushering in a new era of unprecedented access to space.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will business partner across the operations of the business, with a focus on supporting commercial decisions and financial performance for the manufacturing leadership team.
- Leading the costing process design for the ERP implementation
- Ensuring any data integrity across costing inputs for labour, components, subcontracting, overheads and origin
- Maintaining commercial contract forecasts
- Identifying opportunities to improve performance and partnering with the operations team to deliver them
- Review forecasts and budgets, and actual performance
- Reviewing and supporting the financial analysis of capex and R&D project business cases
Key skills we are looking for:
- Complex financial modelling for commercial companies or products
- Relationship building skills
- Understanding of manufacturing
- A professional finance or accounting designation.
- Advanced excel modelling skills
- Experience in cost accounting
- Commercial acumen and experience in influencing significant performance improvements
- Broad experience in business partnering, confident communicator
- Experienced in leading and managing staff, ideally within a matrix environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and insights
- Problem solving skills and a commitment to continuous improvement and insights
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management reports and dashboard reporting.
What is in it for you?
You will lead, inspire and support team members to reach their potential and deliver on our mission to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits in including subsidised lunches and am on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.