About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in dedicated small satellite launch. Launching from right here in New Zealand, we design and build innovative technology to give small satellites a premium ride to orbit.
Small satellites play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives – they connect us, keep us safe, help us understand our planet and manage our impact on it, and they enable us to innovate and explore. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the world’s only truly commercial small satellite launch vehicle in operation today. With multiple orbital launches under our belt and a record of 100% mission success, we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. We’ve built a world class team with a reputation for doing the impossible. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Every day, we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us, and we make them real. Be a part of it.
About the role
The Financial Accountant 6 month contract Projects role is responsible for assisting the Finance Team complete Rocket Lab’s financial, fiscal and budgetary reporting and compliance requirements as well as ensuring the Company’s financial transactions and obligations are correctly reported. This role requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. The Financial Accountant - Projects will report to the Finance Manager and contribute to the delivery of the Finance function organisation wide.
- A chartered accountant
- Good systems knowledge and tier 1 ERP exposure
- An understanding of external financial reporting, including preparation of group financial statements
- An understanding of GAAP and IFRS financial reporting requirements
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management reports, within agreed monthly timetables
- 2+ years’ experience in a professional finance environment
Knowledge and experience of:
- o ERP systems
- o Completing and filing tax returns and the associated knowledge around this
- o The development of annual reports to meet IFRS and US GAAP requirements and an understanding of any new standards and adoption requirements
- o Microsoft Office Suite
- o Excellent Accounting and financial literacy
- o How subsidiary and consolidation ledgers, including multinational entities operate
- A self-starter and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent relationship management
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.