About The Role
Why Rocket Lab?
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week.
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Finance Systems Accountant
The Finance Systems Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and finance; systems administration, data integrity, business process automation, and configuration of Rocket Lab’s ERP system. In addition to leading specific projects aimed at increasing efficiency, effectiveness and automation of the finance team processing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and/or maintain key relationships with USA and New Zealand Accounting & Finance Teams to ensure:
- Financial activities are in-line with corporate objectives, policies and standards.
- The teams have appropriate ERP training and to ensure processes are efficient and appropriately controlled.
- Effective and efficient delivery of ERP projects, testing, deployments and process improvements.
Finance ERP System Management and Enhancement
- Responsible for financial system; administration, configuration, and data integrity within the ERP system.
- Direct and timely end-user support
- Finance subject matter expert on the ERP system and supporting systems.
- Design and implementation of; automated finance processes, and ancillary financial systems such as payroll.
- Develop and manage user guides for financial processes and controls appropriate for audit and tax requirements.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend tools for financial reporting and analysis.
- Ensure system compliance and on time filing of state, federal, international and third-party financial reporting requirements.
- Ensure system compliance with all taxation requirements.
- Assist with developing and reviewing compliance and best practice financial procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Rocket Lab’s corporate financial policies.
- Develop or embed new policies or changes as required.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of a business intelligence tool with the ERP system as required.
- Additional duties and ad hoc systems project work as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or relevant ERP accounting experience within a manufacturing environment.
- SQL, Crystal Reports or similar Business Intelligence (BI) application software reporting experience.
- Understanding of external financial reporting, including preparation of group financial statements.
- United States tax and financial reporting requirements experience.
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management reports, within agreed monthly timetables.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of robotic process automation for finance and business processes.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or A Chartered Accountant (CA) designation.
- M.S. in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Computer Science minor or certification.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.