About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Huntington Beach, CA facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, evolving environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long-term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
Facility Security Officer (FSO)
As the Facility Security Officer (FSO) you will be responsibility for the scoping, provisioning, accreditation and running of a SCIF in our Huntington Beach complex. As this is a new role at Rocket Lab, you will interface directly with our most influential government and commercial clients while also taking on the wider security management of the complex as a whole.
The ideal candidate will; excel at the design, development and implementation of security policies, standards, training and guidance; be able to effectively navigate and use the NISPOM, ICDs and all other relevant directives, forms and publications; bring insight, influence and analysis to the role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with the National Industrial Security Program, Cognizant Security Agency (CSA) requirements, and corporate security policies, procedures and directives.
- Coordinates and monitors CSA security requirements to ensure compliance with government and company policies and procedures.
- Assists with the successful execution of security related issues including facility design, construction, accreditation, access and control, information security, classified storage and transportation, personnel clearance processing and reporting.
- Supports the development and implementation of site security procedures in coordination with government agencies and management personnel.
- Trains and supports the Company’s compliance with any NISP requirements.
- Coordinates and maintains personal security clearance activities including records maintenance, investigations and mandatory reporting.
- Develops, conducts, coordinates and delivers site and program-specific security education.
- Conducts security awareness briefings and debriefings, including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to site personnel.
- Assists temporary and permanent employees, visitors and consultants with successful completion of SCIF visit and interaction requirements.
- Conducts investigations on all security matters.
- Oversees badging of employees, visitors, consultants and government representatives to ensure compliance with governmental and company policies.
- Ensures provision of proper training and routine oversight of site reception duties, to include badge handling and processing, visitor control and physical security management.
- Maintains proficiency in and ensures compliance with all physical and Foreign Ownership, Control and Influence (FOCI) security policies and practices as specified in the Company’s Affiliated Operational Security Plan.
- Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure SSA compliance; accurately reports security posture
- Manages all aspects of the FOCI Compliance Program.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Government Security Committee (GSC) concerning the protection of controlled unclassified information and other proprietary technology and data subject to regulatory or contractual control by the US Government.
- Prepares and submits changes as necessary to the Company’s Operational Security Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Facility Security Officer under SSA/FOCI guidelines.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Proficient at EQIP, JPAS.
- Classification Management/FSO certified; Knowledge of Security Information.
- A past track record of organization diversity experience in terms of positions held and roles served.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to achieve higher clearance if required.
- Fluent with the MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Familiar with FOCI mitigation processes and procedures, with emphasis on SSA management preferred.
- Proficient at EQIP, JPAS. Classification Management/FSO trained and certified.
- Knowledge of ITAR.
- Requires up to 10% domestic travel and the ability to travel internationally if needed.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.