About The Role
Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Export Control Compliance Manager
The Compliance Manager assists in developing and maintaining compliance with Rocket Lab’s Export Control Management Plan, the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR 730-799) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR 120-130).
- Assist in the developing, maintaining and updating of export control compliance policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, international travel, visitors, deemed exports, purchasing, shipping, proposal review and contract negotiation. The Compliance Manager will oversee many of the day-to-day compliance obligations of the company.
- Manage international shipments to ensure compliance with export control regulations and federal trade regulations.
- Analyze contractual and other documents to ensure compliance with export control requirements and company policy, including the need to obtain export licenses. This may involve working directly with production to understand the technology, individuals, and facilities involved and determining whether item is export controlled and requires a TCP or license for use or shipment.
- Make export licensing determinations and assist in the preparation of export licenses.
- Maintain and audit technology control plans (TCPs).
- Serve as a point of contact for advice, resources, education and coordination of export compliance.
- Maintain export documentation, including license applications, commodity classifications, technology control plans.
- Develop and maintain training aids and export control website, including manuals, brochures, handouts, and web-based training materials.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes, summarize and prepare action plans.
- May require domestic and international travel.
Required Experience & Education
- Five years+ export controls experience.
- Degree in an appropriate field of study, scientific or engineering background preferred.
- Strong experience with U.S. Export Regulations (EAR) and Export Licensing
- Requires the ability to lead, motivate and manage to accomplish project objectives within timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to articulate and effectively communicate trade compliance information to various levels of non-technical audiences
- Possess a high level of analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to draw conclusions and decisions based on regulatory reasoning
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.