About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Enterprise Systems Engineer
We are seeking an Enterprise Systems Engineer that has Production Shop floor and supply chain support experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and other system applications, to enable and sustain corporate-wide operations. Services provided by this support role, include: Front-end application management, support, training and documentation of policy and procedures (strong understanding of how transactions flow through a fully integrated system).
Reporting to the ERP Manager, the Enterprise Systems Engineer will resolve logged tickets whilst working closely with the EIS team to resolve more complex issues and maintain common support processes. Serving in this role, you will provide direct internal customers support for our Production team, through ensuring key operational systems, including ERP (Infor LN), MES, Business Intelligence (PowerBI) run smoothly.
The Enterprise Systems Engineer will work directly with the local team on-site throughout the day, and will be working with people at a variety of different skill levels supporting end users on a variety of issues. You will be in regular communication with the NZ based ERP support team who will provide assistance and a route for problem escalation. This position will assist with identifying, researching, and resolving technical issues, responding to and/or following up on telephone calls, email, and incident ticket requests, and receiving and recording technical and/or application support calls from end users. Candidates should have excellent knowledge of monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the overall health of systems and applications. You will have the opportunity to work on future special projects, as new initiatives come up, and as strengths emerge you will have the chance to contribute to ERP system developments and back-end enhancements to our SQL based MES system and other systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide operational support for ERP system (Infor LN), in Production and Supply Chain to ensure the quick resolution of data or processing issues.
- Ensure all issues are logged in the support ticketing system and resolved in a timely manner. Ensure documentation is maintained to contribute to the EIS knowledgebase.
- Positively reinforce adherence to standard user ERP procedures & processes and identify when off nominal activities may require support and intervention.
- Provide user training for new starters and existing staff as required
- When unfamiliar or complex issues arise, these are escalated to keep production and material flowing.
- Work closely with the NZ ERP/EIS team to provide high levels of support.
- Be able to follow standard procedures when performing complex tasks in Infor LN.
- Partake in the ERP Team development sprint planning and execution
- Remotely attend the regular ERP team meeting and report to the team on current issues
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings
- Working under the direction of the production supervisors, resolve MES processing issues.
- Liaise closely with the MES support team on development requests.
- Participate in planning and communicating MES development and projects.
- Ensure prioritization of backlog items through having all requests logged and planned in the team Sprint.
- Ensure all bugs and issues are logged in the support ticketing system.
- Develop software and unit tests according to bug-fix and feature requests, including documentation, as assigned in team Sprints.
- Deliver training for EIS systems
- Investigate and resolve report accuracy issues under the direction of Business Intelligence Team .
- Log all requests and issues using the EIS ticketing system.
- Provide support for users when PowerBI issues are reported.
- Develop report specifications and requirements for review with the Business Intelligence team.
- Participate in the BI Sprint planning to ensure tasks are prioritized and completed on time.
- Ensure all report development is documented to the required standards.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or a related major.
- 3 years of experience supporting a fully integrated software solution ERP (ex Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system).
- Experience in production processing within an ERP environment is required as well as an understanding of IT systems including SQL server (SQL experience e.g. SQL db support).
- Production and Manufacturing processing experience.
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Excellent time management to provide operational support to USA and NZ users.
- The ability to coordinate initiatives and changes with the New Zealand-based MES and ERP teams and provide local support for the shop floor control system (Flame) is an essential part of the role
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exposure to the production.
- Adaptable and comfortable in an exciting, dynamic, and evolving environment.
- Hands-on with a passion for resolving tickets and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Working proficiency with value stream mapping methodologies.
- 3+ years’ experience in ERP Support Specialist, Enterprise Systems Engineer, or related Production Support position.
- Knowledge of PFMEA, DFMEA and other fault tree analysis methodologies.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Knowledge of Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge of Production strategies.
- Engineering or IT qualifications.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status