About The Role
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- All financial system administration and configuration, data integrity and user security in the ERP.
- Design and implementation of automated finance processes using robotic process automation within both the ERP system and the ancillary finance systems.
- Documentation and the development of user guides for financial processes and controls appropriate for Rocket Lab’s internal control, audit and tax requirements.
- Researching and evaluating appropriate reporting tools for producing financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Ensure system compliance with appropriate international, federal, state and any other third party financial reports are prepared and filed on time within the various international jurisdictions Rocket Lab operates, ensuring that these meet all required standards.
- Advise the Finance Management team on any business improvement initiatives that should be undertaken.
- A chartered accountant or associate chartered accountant designation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a professional finance environment.
- Excellent systems knowledge and ERP exposure.
- Knowledge and experience in design and implementation of robotic process automation for finance and business processes.
- An understanding of SQL, Crystal Reports and BI tools necessary to build a reporting suite.
- An understanding of external financial reporting, including preparation of group financial statements.
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management reports, within agreed monthly timetables.
- Knowledge and experience of:
o ERP systems. Knowledge of Infor LN will be an advantage.
o IFRS requirements and US GAAP.
o Microsoft Office suite (including intermediate Excel).
o General ledger – journals; trial balance; reports.
o Excellent accounting and financial literacy.
o Understanding of subsidiary and consolidation ledgers, including multinational entities.
- An understanding of the United States tax and financial reporting requirements will be a significant advantage.
We offer a career defining opportunity to be a key influencer here. You will inspire and support team members to reach their potential and deliver on our mission to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this comes with a range of staff benefits in including subsidised lunches and an on-site gym.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.