About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab.
Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Entry-level Paralegal / Law Clerk
Reporting to the CFO, Rocket Lab is seeking an entry-level paralegal / law clerk on a temporary basis, 1 to 2 months, to perform; legal administrative tasks, read and synthesize contracts, and enter contract attributes into the data management system.
The ideal candidate will be able to; prioritize and multitask, maintain a high level of organization, and be hardworking & professional.
Candidates with experience using Infor Document Management system are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review contracts and determine contract attributes, such as party names, expiration dates, governing law, mediation clauses, etc.
- Upload contracts into data management system and designate attributes to each contract in the data management system.
- Such other responsibilities as designated by the legal department team members, including administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying.
- Possess the ability to maintain a high level of organization
- Ability to handle administrative duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience reading and drafting contracts
- Experience with computers
- Experience with data entry
- 2+ years as an experience paralegal at a law firm
- Experience with Infor Document Management or any document management system.
- Experience working with document management systems a plus
This is a temporary position expected to last 1-2 months.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.