About The Role
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Data Analyst to work closely with our Propulsion and Test Facilities Teams to gather, collate and analyse test system data to enable us to have a better understanding of how our propulsion system performs.
This position will be very hands on and you will gain experience working at Rocket Lab’s test sites alongside our test engineers and technicians, your daily tasks will include software design and development of data processing systems, hands-on test system maintenance and upgrades together with post-test analysis.
3 Key Responsibilities include;
- Test Operations – Focusing on software development and design whilst contributing to process improvements particularly in source code control, unit testing and continuous integration
- Test Facilities – Working with Senior Test Engineers and Test Facility Manager to facilitate test activities to ensure deliverables are in line with the test schedule
- Hardware Development – Working with the Propulsion team to improve the design and functionality of the products through R&D and qualification testing.
- Bachelor's degree in computer Science, Software/Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 5+ Years’ experience working in a software development/engineering environment with a substantial proportion being database interaction
- Knowledge of SQL, .Net and Python
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration and source code control
- A practical aptitude for inspection and calibration of instruments, wired sensors and the like
- A willingness to work in a remote facility with substantial safety hazards
- Familiarity with machine learning and image processing techniques
- NI LabView and/or TestStand
- Tableau, MySQL, PostgreSQL
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.