About The Role
Your daily tasks will vary widely from logistics, manufacturing support, testing support, data analysis and some basic reporting. Predominantly you will spend your time supporting development work, however you will be required to assist any of the teams on any given day in order to support the work required to get Rocket Lab’s Electron launch vehicle into orbit.
We are looking for someone with a proactive attitude that is very flexible and happy to undertake the wide range of duties involved. Ideally you will be a mechanically minded person with hands-on experience. The Rocket Lab engineering team employs some of the most talented engineers in the world and you will have the opportunity to learn and gain new skills from them.
- 1+ years’ work experience, preferably in an engineering environment
- A great work ethic and a willingness to learn
- An organised individual with a logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Strong computer skills with a solid level of knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- The ability to work effectively to deadlines with a high attention to detail
- A current driver’s license
- A mechanical engineering degree or equivalent qualification, is preferred but not essential
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.