About The Role
"Make everything you do a work of art." - Peter Beck
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is it’s people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
The Photon Program
Rocket Lab is seeking exceptional engineers to work on its recently-announced Photon program. Photon is a first-of-its-kind platform in the small satellite industry: a versatile satellite bus that is also an integral part of the launch vehicle.
Engineers within the Photon team have a unique opportunity to help shape this space system and, given the high launch cadence of Electron, have unparalleled opportunities for end-to-end hardware development and on-orbit operations.
The successful candidate will have a strong set of technical skills, will have experience in related projects, and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Embedded Systems Engineer
Rocket Lab is seeking an embedded systems engineer to develop avionics for launch vehicles and space systems. As an embedded systems engineer, you will participate in all aspects of avionics design, from requirements definition through design, test, and operations.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop software drivers.
- Develop firmware, as applicable.
- Develop and implement flight computer and data interfaces.
- Develop and participate in test campaigns focused on this subsystem.
- Develop schematics and layouts, working with team members and external vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with systems engineers in developing requirements and managing interfaces with other vehicle components.
- Schematic & layout experience.
- Experience working with subcontractors and vendors.
- Document management & systems engineering experience.
- Demonstrated success working in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
- 4-year degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent years of experience.
- 4+ years' of experience designing hardware (embedded) systems for Space or Aerospace applications.
- Experience with space-based electronics & radiation tolerance.
- Altium Designer experience.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.