About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Embedded Flight Software Developer
Rocket Lab is seeking an Embedded Software Developer to assist in the development of flight software for its Photon space vehicle. This person will participate in all aspects of software design and development, from requirements definition through coding and testing. The Photon development team has frequent opportunities to test and operate their software on orbit through frequent flight missions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with systems engineers and embedded systems engineers in developing requirements and managing interfaces with hardware and software within the vehicle.
- Develop application software for satellite flight systems.
- Develop documentation for operation and interface with software products.
- Develop and participate in test campaigns ranging from unit-level to automated testing at the subsystem and system-level.
- Assist with on ground testing and in flight space flight operations.
- Software development in Linux environment, specifically embedded applications
- Proficiency in C and C++ languages and development environments.
- Demonstrated success working in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
- Document management & software systems engineering experience.
Required Education & Experience
- An engineering degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent qualification.
- 4+ years of demonstrated applicable experience in software development.
- Experience developing software for autonomous vehicles operating in harsh environments, such as satellites, UAVs, or autonomous underwater vehicles.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status