About The Role
Rocket Lab is looking for a skilled and motivated electronics engineer to design and develop high-performance electronics for the electron launch vehicle.
Key duties include
- Create schematic and PCB layouts for multi layer PCB designs, including power electronics, analog, and embedded electronics.
- Work with mechanical design engineers to design packaging solutions for harsh environments.
- Collaborate cross functionality to ensure designs integrate with mechanical and software functions.
- Conduct prototype testing, signal characterization, and verification testing.
- Issue tracking and component-level support during manufacturing and integration
- Assist with manufacturing process optimization and quality improvement.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in a related design field
- Experience in high voltage (350V+) and/or high power (5 kW+) designs
- Experience in battery management systems and battery charging systems.
- Use of hardware design tools, Altium designer preferred.
- Experience in high-speed analog and digital PCB design
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers etc)
- Medium to high volume DFT and DFM
- Experience in fast-paced commercial based projects
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- EMI/EMC design strategies.
- Knowledge of packaging and mechanical considerations for harsh environments
- Experience in aerospace, military, medical, or other high-reliability industry.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.