About The Role
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class Global Launch Services team at our Huntington Beach Headquarters to deliver superior service to commercial and government customers around the world.
Rocket Lab is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Director of Government Global Launch Services
The Rocket Lab Global Launch Services team is growing, and currently seeking candidates for the newly created Director of Government Global Launch Services position. The ideal candidate will have an engineering or technical foundation and a strong track record of performance in strategic business planning, business development and sales.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Launch Services, the Director of Government Global Launch Services will be responsible for the development, growth and maintenance of new and existing domestic and international government business. Domestic accounts include civil and national security space customers. International accounts include allied foreign government customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, develop, lead and manage a high-performing team to meet aggressive company growth goals by;
- Providing superior customer service and a premium experience to existing government customers.
- Developing and executing winning strategies to rapidly grow new government business worldwide.
- Leveraging industry-leading tools (e.g. Salesforce CRM) and best practices to efficiently capture new government business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in aerospace or high-tech industry with demonstrated contributions towards companies’ success.
- Strategic business planning, business development and sales experience in aerospace or high-tech industry.
- Government proposal development experience and demonstrated business capture.
- Thorough understanding of global government space markets.
- Security clearance or willingness to obtain one.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Progressively higher levels of leadership/management experience.
- Prior government service, especially in the space industry.
- Preferred work location is Rocket Lab’s Huntington Beach Headquarters.
- Minimum 40% travel, domestic and international, in support of Rocket Lab’s business development efforts.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.