About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Rocket Lab is rapidly expanding to meet the global demand for our commercial launch service. The Huntington Beach facility is seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish. We believe that an empowered and motivated workforce has been the cornerstone of our success and will be essential to our long-term growth as we redefine how the world accesses space.
Director of Government Global Launch Services
Rocket Lab USA is seeking an experienced Director of Global Government Launch Services with previous experience in strategic business planning. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Launch Services, the Director of Government Sales will be responsible for the development, growth, and maintenance of new and existing government customers. The incumbent is responsible for Rocket Lab’s domestic and international government accounts. Domestic accounts include civil and defense customers. International accounts include allied foreign government customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and capture new government business opportunities, and lead government bid and proposal activities.
- Manage Rocket Lab’s security and custodial responsibility requirements for U.S. Government customers.
- Lead and develop Rocket Lab Account Managers responsible for existing government customer accounts.
- Compile cost, schedule, and technical components of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Represent Rocket Lab at various industry forums.
- Support the efforts of a passionate, high energy business development and mission management team dedicated to customer service and industry excellence.
- Minimum 40% travel, domestic and international, in support of Rocket Lab’s business development efforts.
- Prior experience working with the Defense Security Service (DSS) and in depth understanding of National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) expectations and requirements.
- Ability to work from Rocket Lab’s Huntington Beach Headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 10 years professional experience with demonstrated high impact performance.
- Business development experience in aerospace or high-tech industry.
- Skills in proposal development and strong customer management.
- Proven track record of closing deals where technical prowess is required.
- Motivated to succeed.
- Self-aware and committed to constant improvement.
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- General understanding of the aerospace and space markets.
- Security clearance or willingness to obtain one.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Prior U.S. military and/or U.S. government service.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.