About The Role
We are Rocket Lab and we’ve made frequent and reliable access to space a reality for small satellites. Driven by a mission to lift human potential, we build and launch rockets that put the ideas of the future in orbit. We deliver a premium launch experience that empowers our customers by putting them in control of their mission and launch schedule. Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the rocket that re-wrote the rules of what’s possible in spaceflight. The world’s first fully carbon composite launch vehicle, and the first to be powered by 3D printed engines, Electron is launching to orbit now. Every day, we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us. And we make them real. We are inspired by the endless possibilities that better access to space will deliver to everyone on Earth. There is so much more to come. Join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and capture new government business opportunities, and lead government bid and proposal activities.
- Manage Rocket Lab’s security and custodial responsibility requirements for U.S. Government customers.
- Lead and develop Rocket Lab Account Managers responsible for existing government customer accounts.
- Compile cost, schedule, and technical components of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Represent Rocket Lab at various industry forums.
- Support the efforts of a passionate, high energy business development and mission management team dedicated to customer service and industry excellence.
- Minimum 40% travel, domestic and international, in support of Rocket Lab’s business development efforts.
- Prior experience working with the Defense Security Service (DSS) and in depth understanding of National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) expectations and requirements.
- Ability to work from Rocket Lab’s Huntington Beach Headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Business development experience in aerospace or high-tech industry.
- Skills in proposal development and strong customer management.
- Proven track record of closing deals where technical prowess is required.
- Motivated to succeed.
- Self-aware and committed to constant improvement.
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience with demonstrated high impact performance.
- General understanding of the aerospace and space markets.
- Security clearance or willingness to obtain one.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Prior U.S. military and/or U.S. government service.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.