About The Role
- Identify and capture new customer accounts, perform competitive assessments, and lead commercial bid and proposal activities.
- Utilize professional network, business development techniques, and product knowledge to market launch services on the Electron Launch Vehicle.
- Manage Rocket Lab Account Managers responsible for existing commercial customer accounts and rideshare opportunities.
- Compile cost, schedule, and technical components of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Represent Rocket Lab at various industry forums.
- Work with the marketing team in formulating strategy for aerospace industry conferences and networking events, as well as development of marketing materials such as presentations, user’s guides, and the company website.
- Support the efforts of a passionate, high energy business development and mission management team dedicated to customer service and industry excellence.
- Minimum 40% travel, domestic and international, in support of Rocket Lab’s business development efforts.
- Ability to work from Rocket Lab’s Huntington Beach Headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Business development experience in aerospace or high-tech industry.
- Skills in proposal development and strong customer management.
- Proven track record of closing deals where technical prowess is required.
- Motivated to succeed.
- Self-aware and committed to constant improvement.
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- General understanding of the aerospace and space markets.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience with demonstrated high impact performance.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Prior leadership/management experience.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.