About The Role
As a Deburr Technician for Rocket Lab you will be working on the finishing of the additively manufactured parts for the Rutherford rocket engine. The engine is a regeneratively cooled pump fed rocket engine with LOx and kerosene propellants. It is the primary propulsion system of Electron.
All major components of the engine are printed including the thrust chamber, injector, main valves and pump parts. This role is responsible for the finishing of these components before or after post machining to be acceptable for use on the engine.
Key duties will include final finishing, grinding, deburring and polishing parts, to succeed you will need superb hand skills together with a good eye for detail to ensure all components meet the quality requirements.
Minimum requirements for the Deburr Technician
• Industry trade certified
• 3+ years of experience in part finishing (machined, cast, forged or printed parts)
• Talented with hand tools and measuring instruments
• Excellent time management and the able to work overtime and long hours if needed
• Eye for detail and a methodical, tidy and careful work ethic
• 5+ years of industry experience in additive manufacturing or cast part finishing
• Experience with additive manufacturing and investment casting
• Experience with high strength steels and Inconel alloys
• Knowledgeable in part QA processes and dye penetrant testing
• Knowledgeable in TIG, laser and electron beam welding
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.