About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Cyber Security Architect
Located at Rocket Lab HQ, Long Beach California. The Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Cyber Security Architect will be responsible for establishing, documenting, and monitoring Rocket Lab’s Operation Information System Security Implementation plan to ensure compliance.
The ideal candidate is multi-faceted in performing dual roles as a Cyber Security Lead and ISSM to support the development and sustainment of multi-level classified system design environments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with Rocket Lab, Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO), and information technology teams to support innovative technology.
- Evaluates and applies NIST 800-53 Security Framework compliance concepts.
- Leads development and deployment of program information security threat and risk mitigation to protect sensitive information, as per JSIG.
- Creates standard information security and cyber policies, procedures, and guidelines to manage risk and business.
- Manages and performs security compliance continuous monitoring access control account management and access enforcement.
- Leads and participates in weekly security audit assessments with ISSO and SYSADMIN.
- Prepares, reviews, and presents technical network and anomaly reports for organizational protection levels.
- Identifies root causes, prioritizes threats and recommends software, firmware, and cyber-corrected actions for risk mitigation.
- Provides advisory to senior business program managers for contract proposal information security program team.
- Explores the enterprise and industry for evolving developments regarding data-at-rest and IAAS cloud computing methods to support industry security best practices and security in-depth.
- Develops FOCI mitigations, technology control plans and electronic control plans.
- Bachelors Science Degree, fields of study in cyber, or information technology sector.
- Required active U.S. Top Secret Security clearance with current SSBI in last 24-months
- Must have CISSP /GSLC- CCISO-DoD 8570 IAM Level III certification or award within six months of hire date.
- 5+years of experience as an (ISSM) supporting multi-level classified programs.
- 7+years of experience as an (ISSO) supporting network classified programs.
- 4+years of experience working within Special Access Programs.
- Excellent people skills, experience leading and collaborating in dynamic environments.
Preferred Experience / Skills
- Ability to communicate and engage at both a technical and people-orientated manner, demonstrating efficient and engaging people skills and the ability to simplify the complex for non-technical audiences and business stakeholders.
- Current hands-on with Government 700 ICD standards and the ODAA Manual requirements supporting sensitive environment implementation.
- Hands-on experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for multiple agencies template product development and product maintenance for assigned systems.
- Experience utilizing security-relevant tools, systems, and applications in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include Security Architecture, Computer Network Defense, threat detection, and insider threat.
- Experience with Windows, Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, group policy and VM/Ware, NESSUS, ACAS, DISA STIGs, SCAP, various vulnerability scanning software tools, audit reduction, technical training in network design, test and evaluation training, and Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Experience with National Industrial Security Program and Operating Manual (NISPOM) to protect classified environments
- Experience writing policies and implementation of RMF for a flexible data platform.
- Experience working both independently and in team environments, managing multiple projects or cross organizational programs.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab