About The Role
With the test flights of Rocket Lab's Electron vehicle fast approaching, Rocket Lab has seen continued and growing public interest. This is an incredible opportunity to manage the profile of a company that inspires and excites people globally. The Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for leading Rocket Lab public relations and brand, and meeting the needs and interest of a diverse range of stakeholders.
This role is based at Rocket Lab's Huntington Beach Facility in California with frequent travel to New Zealand.
- Liaise with media and act as company spokesperson
- Pitch and place pieces in industry and consumer media
- Write op-eds and features
- Develop and maintain key relationships
- Plan, write and distribute press releases
- Crisis management, contingency planning and expectation management
- Prevent, manage and respond to brand and copyright infringements, coordinate supplier publicity agreements etc.
Events, Trade Shows and Exhibits
- Plan trade shows and events for Rocket Lab USA
- Plan, write and oversee design of print and digital marketing collateral and materials
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications/public relations
- Minimum 1 year of experience as media spokesperson
- Experience with digital assets, social media strategies and tactics
- Bachelor's degree required
- Public relations experience in tech, aerospace or public policy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to grasp complex issues
- Natural interest in technology and preferably aerospace
- Ability to work independently and quickly in an unsupervised environment
- Discretion and ability to grasp stringent security requirements and commercial sensitivities
- Proven skills in establishing and maintaining relationships with wide range of stakeholders
- Strong negotiation, critical-thinking and decision making skills
- Managerial experience
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status..
- Do you want to help write history?
- A once in a lifetime opportunity
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.