About The Role
Why Rocket Lab?
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled people who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO)
As the contractor program security officer you will be responsibility for the scoping, provisioning, accreditation and running of a SCIF at our Huntington Beach complex. As this is a new role at Rocket Lab, you will interface directly with our most influential government and commercial clients while also taking on the wider security management of the complex as a whole.
The ideal candidate will; excel at the design, development and implementation of security policies, standards, training and guidance; be able to effectively navigate and use the NISPOM, ICDs and all other relevant directives, forms and publications; bring insight, influence and analysis to the role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with the National Industrial Security Program, Cognizant Security Agency (CSA) requirements, and corporate security policies, procedures and directives.
- Coordinates and monitors CSA security requirements to ensure compliance with government and company policies and procedures
- Provides support to specialist contractors in the design, construction and accreditation of a new SCIF
- Manages the day to day running of the SCIF in terms of access and control, information security, classified storage and transportation, personnel clearance processing and reporting.
- Supports the development and implementation of site security procedures in coordination with government agencies and management personnel
- Trains and supports the Company’s compliance with any NISP requirements
- Coordinates and maintains personal security clearance activities including records maintenance, investigations and mandatory reporting
- Conducts security awareness briefings and debriefings, including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to site personnel
- Conducts investigations on all security matters as directed by the Rocket Lab Security Manager
- Ensures provision of proper training and routine oversight of site reception duties, to include badge handling and processing, visitor control and physical security management
- Builds proficiency in and supports compliance with all physical and Foreign Ownership, Control and Influence (FOCI) security policies and practices as specified in the Company’s Affiliated Operational Security Plan
- Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure SSA compliance; accurately reports security posture
- Supports the management of all aspects of the FOCI Compliance Program
- Serves as an advisor to the Government Security Committee (GSC) concerning the protection of controlled unclassified information and other proprietary technology and data subject to regulatory or contractual control by the US Government.
- Prepares and submits changes as necessary to the Company’s Operational Security Plan
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Assistant Facility Security Officer or equivalent, preferably under SSA/FOCI guidelines
- Must have good working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NSIPOM)
- Proficient at EQIP, JPAS. FSO trained and preferably certified
- A past track record of organization diversity experience in terms of positions held and roles served
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to achieve higher clearance if required
- Fluent with the MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Familiar with FOCI mitigation processes and procedures, with emphasis on SSA management preferred
- Proficient at EQIP, JPAS. FSO trained and certified
- Knowledge of ITAR
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.