About The Role
About the Role
Working as part of the Electron Vehicle Team, you will have the opportunity to work on a new launch vehicle using state of the art manufacturing and production techniques.
We need your expertise in complex composite construction together with your ability to produce top quality work with an exceptional eye for detail. You will need to deliver on the manufacture and trimming of composites components and building of composite moulds and jigs. You will be required to prepare molds and composite parts for laminating – to the highest standards.
We are thinkers and we are doers. You will be working in a very dynamic, fast pace environment of makers and problem-solvers. Each of your ideas are very quickly put to the test and integrated on-board of the vehicle.
- Demonstrate 8+ years of relevant industry experience in a composite manufacturing facility
- Completely capable in all aspects of composite fit out and fabrication. Competent at laminating, glue and bond, drilling, grinding and sanding
- Has completed a composite apprenticeship or has a minimum of 6 years’ experience as a composite boat-builder or composite technician
- Capable of meeting QA requirements and able to display a great level of attention to detail
- Train and mentor more junior technicians in technical skills using training packages
- Be able to answer technical questions for any components or skills that you are authorised as a trainer for
- Understand in detail the specific components you are assigned and support the teams' leading hand in making sound plans and schedule mitigation plans
- Capable of working as part of a team as well as autonomously
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details - getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgement.
Why Rocket Lab?
We'll offer you a career-defining role, with interesting, meaningful projects working with world leading experts. You will be challenged every day; there will be lots to learn and plenty to do. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this role comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidised meals and an on-site gym. If you want to be challenged, solve problems with innovation and work on the advanced space systems that are changing an entire industry, Rocket Lab is the place to do it.
- Award winning space exploration company
- Innovative and creative team
- Competitive salary
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.