About The Role
Rocket Lab has grown drastically since it was established in 2006 and, with our first successful test launch complete, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Communications team. Working closely with the Communications Manager you will be part of a small team in a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
We are looking for an individual who has excellent writing and editing skills who is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment. You must be a versatile team player with the ability to show grace under pressure. This position requires an organized, dependable self-starter who can juggle a number of tasks and projects. It is critical that the successful applicant embrace both glitzy and mundane tasks with equal gusto and attention.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, organizing and pitching of high quality press events
- Draft and edit press releases, blog posts, social media content (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and other communication materials that deliver consistent messages with impact
- Work with external stakeholders to provide communications support
- Track press coverage and build highly targeted press lists for priority issues
- Provide general support and coordination for Communications Department, including managing the department calendar, general scheduling for meetings, etc.
- Aid in production of marketing collateral
- Respond to other matters as needed and assigned
- Knowledge of social media and strategy
- Skills in developing communication and publicity materials
- The ability to write clearly and concisely for a range of audiences
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Well developed digital literacy including knowledge of Microsoft applications, intranet and website platforms
- Newly created position
- Hands on experience as Rocket Lab gears up for Electron's first launch
- Auckland Airport Location
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.