About The Role
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding high-tech start up. Reporting directly to the Communications Manager you will have the opportunity to stamp your mark on this public relations focused role.
This will be a busy position that will see you challenged on a daily basis as Rocket Lab is quickly gaining a global reputation for their innovative and ground-breaking work.
Your focus in this role will be split across media relations and community engagement, with additional responsibilities including social media, event management and marketing collateral.
The Communications Advisor role will be based at Rocket Lab's Auckland facility but there will be some requirement to travel to Rocket Lab's Launch Complex on the Mahia peninsula as well as possible international travel as and when required.
- Proactive and reactive liaison with media
- Develop and maintain strong media relationships that assist you to pitch and place pieces in industry and consumer media
- Write op-eds and features
- Develop and maintain key relationships
- Plan, write and distribute press releases
- Crisis management, contingency planning and expectation management
- Engage directly with key stakeholders including local community members, iwi, local government and third party suppliers
- Manage operational communications around launch periods
- Plan and present at community open days and meetings
- Management of social media accounts and strategy
- Assist in developing materials for and attending events, trade shows and exhibits
- Plan and write print and digital marketing collateral and materials
- Minimum 2 years of experience in communications/public relations
- Experience with digital assets, social media strategies and tactics
- Bachelor's degree required
- Public relations experience within a technology environment
- Community engagement experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to grasp complex issues
- Ability to work independently and quickly in an unsupervised environment
- Discretion and ability to grasp stringent security requirements and commercial sensitivities
- Proven skills in establishing and maintaining relationships with wide range of stakeholders
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.