About The Role
Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
The primary responsibility of the CNC Programmer is to program, operate, and maintain the CNC machines to build flight-ready hardware that meet Rocket Lab specifications at the needed rate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and translate drawings/CAD models
- Create new CNC programs
- Provide feedback to improve work instructions.
- Work to improve CNC programs and maintain tolerances.
- Develop fixtures and setups to enable more efficient production of hardware.
- Provide/receive feedback to CMM operator.
- Work to reduce any non-conformances found by quality or engineering.
- Help to qualify and commission new CNC and CNC related equipment.
- Help to schedule work through the CNC, accounting for lead times, yield, and required delivery cadence.
- Provide ideas on batch sizes, setups, etc.
- Track calibration and maintenance of all equipment and tooling in the area.
- Provide training and development to future employees in the department.
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience in CNC programming.
- Experienced in designing custom tooling/fixtures.
- Highly adapt in the us of CAD software such as NX CAM, Mastercam, or GibbsCAM.
- The ability to interpret drawings (GD&T).
- The ability to learn quickly and able to work productively without direct supervision
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.