About The Role
"Make everything you do a work of art." - Peter Beck
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Buying Clerk [Fixed-term]
The buying clerk is responsible for supporting our US buying team in ensuring Electron launch vehicle components required by the business are supplied at the right time, to the right place and at the best possible price. Our buying team plays a key role in moving our business from a R&D company to a manufacturing business and buyers are expected to identify opportunities for improvement and to support the business on this important and exciting journey.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Place purchase orders and maintain key deliverables in ERP.
- Expedite overdue orders and ensure delivery dates committed by suppliers are adhered to.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure any orders in transit are followed up and receipted accordingly.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure queries are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure all invoices can be processed and available for payment from buying team.
- Support in maintain key metrix (Overdue POs, unapproved RQUs, overall vendor master data).
- Support Supply Chain in being a trusted partner to the business by maintaining appropriate channels of communication with key stakeholders.
- Ensure all purchase related data is recorded and updated regularly.
- Reporting requirements established with the business are adhered to.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas.
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly.
- A proactive and can-do attitude with the ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team and to build effective working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in an ERP environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in a purchasing / buying position, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Infor LN experience.
This is a 6 month fixed-term position.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.