About The Role
- Purchasing – You will be tasked with ensuring components and infrastructure support requirements are ordered, manufactured and delivered to specification and on time, negotiating with local suppliers to get the best terms possible and troubleshooting any issues that arise along the way.
- Customer Service – Utilizing excellent customer service and communication to ensure information is communicated in a timely manner to all relevant parties to ensure that as Buyer you are a trusted member of the LC-1 team and an asset to the wider Global Supply Chain group
- Reporting & Data Integrity – Ensuring all purchase related data is recorded and updated in a timely manner
- Process – Identifying improvement opportunities in the process and developing solutions
- 3+ years’ experience in a purchasing / buying position, ideally in an engineering environment
- A proactive and can-do attitude with the ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both within the organisation and externally with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time
- Morale courage required to guide stakeholders on procurement policy and requirements
- Proven MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- MRP system knowledge
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.