About The Role
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring Electron launch vehicle components required by the business are supplied at the right time, to the right place and at the best possible price. Our buying team plays a key role in moving our business from a R&D company to a manufacturing business and buyers are expected to identify opportunities for improvement and to support the business on this important and exciting journey.
- Purchasing – You will be tasked with ensuring components are ordered, manufactured and delivered to specification and on time, negotiating with suppliers to get the best terms possible and troubleshooting any issues that arise along the way
- Customer Service – Utilizing excellent customer service and communication to ensure information is communicated in a timely manner to all relevant parties to ensure that as Buyer you are a trusted partner throughout the business
- Reporting & Data Integrity – Ensuring all purchase related data is recorded and updated in a timely manner
- Process – Identifying improvement opportunities in the process and developing solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in a purchasing / buying position in a manufacturing environment
- A proactive and can-do attitude with the ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both within the organisation and externally with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time
- Proven MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- CIPS qualification
- MRP system knowledge
We'll offer you a career-defining role, with interesting, meaningful projects working with world leading experts. You will be challenged every day; there will be lots to learn and plenty to do. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this role comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidised meals and an on-site gym. If you want to be challenged, solve problems with innovation and work on the advanced space systems that are changing an entire industry, Rocket Lab is the place to do it.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.