About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. With 10 launches under our belt and a track record of 100% mission success, Rocket Lab is democratizing access to space by building and launch small satellites that deliver vital data and services down to Earth.
With a growing global team of 500+ people, two launch sites and manifest packed with launches, 2020 is going to be an exciting year for our team.
Business Development Administrator
This role will support the Global Launch Services and Communications teams to ensure a premium experience for all Rocket Lab customers.
The ideal candidate; can support all customer engagements and interactions including launch viewing events and industry conferences, has experience managing Salesforce, will have experience interfacing with C-Suite executives and/or high-rank military officers and generals, can vet incoming sales leads, manage multiple tasks at a time, and is comfortable traveling and being the "go-to person" to solve challenges.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and manage the Rocket Lab HQ launch viewing events for customers
- Provide event support managing guests lists, catering and general logistics for Rocket Lab customer and stakeholder events
- Coordinate tours and visits with customers and Rocket Lab team that ensure a premium experience
- Facilitate on-site customer meetings, including coordinating diaries, room bookings and refreshments
- Work with the Communications team to provide customers with tailored Rocket Lab merchandise
- Manage team calendars to ensure alignment of meetings, travel schedules for the Launch Services team
- Vet sales leads from the general inquiry database and refer them to relevant teams
- Support the Launch Services team in researching and identifying new business opportunities and industry announcements
- Record minutes and action items from Launch Services meetings
- Manage Salesforce platform ensuring a complete and accurate database, deliver dashboards, reports and other products as required by Launch Services team and Rocket Lab Executive team
- Plan and manage project budgets, operating within finance policies and systems
- Work with the Communications team in coordinating conferences and industry events – on time and on budget. Includes managing suppliers and logistics, developing schedules and timelines, and holding planning meetings
- Support the Communications team in reviewing sample quality for mission patches and branded merchandise
- Manage US merchandise inventory and stock take
- Order merchandise stock and coordinate printed materials for trade shows and customer visits
- Coordinate and manage the distribution of team uniforms at Rocket Lab Headquarters.
- Primary work location is at Rocket Lab HQ, Long Beach, California.
- Domestic travel will be required.
- International travel may be required.
- Work according to other time zones (particularly New Zealand) when required.
- Work weekends when required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and manage
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to see the big picture
- Creative in thinking and problem solving
- Ability to juggle many projects at once and manage to timelines
- Ability to manage stress and stay calm/manage issues as they arise
- Team orientation with willingness to do any task, large or small
- Good communication and organization skills
- General positive demeanour with energetic and helpful attitude
- Desire to learn new skills and contribute continuously
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint skills. Basic Excel skills
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ of relevant work experience.
- Client management experience preferred.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.