About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth.
Building Maintenance Lead
Monday - Friday
The Building Maintenance Lead will maintain building aesthetics and functional responsibility of Rocket Lab headquarters in Huntington Beach, CA. You will perform basic repairs and maintenance including, painting, plumbing, and dry walling on various types of fixtures and equipment. Responsibilities may include; performing preventive maintenance and repairs; coordinating, monitoring, managing and ensuring vendor quality and service agreements are being met, and maintaining maintenance records / reports to forecast future facility repair / maintenance needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, maintain and regularly review logs for repair, service, operation and complaints related to the equipment.
- Interface with vendors to facilitate maintenance, repairs, and construction projects.
- Obtain sub-contract and vendor bids/quotes as well as manage their performance
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Ceiling tile replacement & T-bar repairs
- Cosmetic wall repairs and painting
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Restroom plumbing repairs
- Relamping & lighting system retrofits
- Property inspections and reporting
- Inventory control of perishable building goods and repair components
- Access hardware repairs and maintenance (doors, gates, locks, keys, etc.…)
- Office furniture assembly and installation
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Building Maintenance: 5 years preferred
- Experience working for a manufacturing company.
- Ability to estimate costs, time and materials of mechanical work.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and email application
- Ability to effectively organize, schedule, coordinate, and perform work, and adhere to safety measures and procedures under stress and within pressing deadlines.
- High School diploma or GED.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.