About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Avionics Test Technician
As an avionics test technician for Rocket Lab you will be working on the electrical and electromechanical assemblies of the Electron Launch Vehicle avionics, Rutherford Rocket Engine and Photon Satellite Components.
Testing will include a wide range of satellite and rocket Components. From radios to space batteries, actuators to network switches, cameras to transducers – you will have plenty of variety
Specifically, day to day tasks will involve functional testing, bench testing, vibration and environmental testing. Technical capability with testing apparatus is critical to ensure all component are tested to the appropriate levels to be accepted for spaceflight. Superb hand skills are required with a good eye for detail to ensure all components meet the performance and quality requirements.
Required Experience & Skills
- Industry or trade certified
- 3+ years of experience in electronic component assembly for aerospace applications
- Talented with electrical assembly tools, bench testing and measuring instruments
- Experienced with vibration tables
- Experienced with thermal environment chambers
- Experienced with vacuum chambers
- Excellent time management and the able to work overtime and long hours if needed
- Eye for detail and a methodical, tidy and careful work ethic
- Natural inclination towards software and IT systems
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of industry experience with vibration tables, vacuum and environmental chambers
- Experience with in-space electrical assemblies
- Experience with Labview
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing process and continued product development
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Anechoic Chamber
- Experience with TVAC chambers
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab