About The Role
Rocket Lab is seeking an experienced Avionics Technician to join our Production Team to assist with the manufacture and assembly of avionics components. This position offers a variety of tasks and will require an individual with a wide range of skills.
You’ll be building wiring harnesses and avionics equipment for the Electron Launch Vehicle and assembling the wire harnesses, avionics equipment and mechanics of our rockets. All work will be need to be of the highest standard as you will be working to aviation airworthiness standards.
This is a 4-6 month fixed term role with the possibility of longer term work.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in the avionics industry, including the manufacture and assembly of avionics components using these processes:
- PCB assembly
- Small electrical assemblies with harnessing and soldering to NASA workmanship standard
- Have a good level of eyesight and be able to inspect PCB's and wiring assemblies to the NASA workmanship standard
- Excellent hand skills, handy with crimpers/wire strippers/hand tools
- Experience testing subassemblies and components using specific test equipment including functional testing equipment, software driven tests and operating thermal chambers
- Extremely high levels of attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures diligently
- The ability to learn quickly and able to work productively without direct supervision
- A strong understanding of tool control and the dangers of FOD
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experienced working under pressure and to tight deadlines with the availability to work overtime if needed.
We'll offer you a career-defining role, with interesting, meaningful projects working with world leading experts. You will be challenged every day; there will be lots to learn and plenty to do. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this role comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidised meals and an on-site gym. If you want to be challenged, solve problems with innovation and work on the advanced space systems that are changing an entire industry, Rocket Lab is the place to do it.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.