About The Role
WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Avionics Quality Inspector
Avionics Production USA needs a Quality Inspector to carry out inspections using, but not limited to, prescribed inspection criteria. A high level of attention to detail to catch anything related to the product that does not meet engineering/production standards. Being familiar with industry standards for Soldering and Harnessing is required. In addition to inspecting, an ability to steer and guide decisions to bring the quality process to the highest standard possible is required. This requires problem solving capability and clear communication skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Highlight all concerns directly back to the production team and record in the quality monitoring system.
- Perform workmanship quality inspections and final sign-off inspections in order to release product for flight.
- Report trends and feedback to production.
- Follow and create detailed work instructions to inspect PCBA’s, Harnessing, Electro-mechanical assemblies and test reports.
- Provide detailed feedback for electronics production improvements to ensure high quality standards are maintained.
- Take part in PFMEAs and drive to completion.
- Prep area for external audits and perform internal audit, tracking actions against and CARs.
- Calibration tracking and enforcement.
- Help develop the quality processes within the production area to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with engineering and management to improve work instructions and identify critical inspection points in the process.
- Follow the written process, but be prepared to highlight anything that does not seem right (in that process).
- Always looking for improvements. Raise these to your Supervisor.
- Think creatively; question the status quo.
- Be an active member of the local 5S work center, suggesting improvements and actively taking on jobs that benefit the department.
- Have a willingness and an aptitude to learn new things.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 5+ years of experience working in quality assurance role in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Previous IPC-A-610 Certification.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A high work rate and be able to work overtime if necessary.
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Able to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings.
- Be familiar with IPC/WHMA-A-620C and/or AC 43.13.
- Be familiar with and preferably certified to IPC J-STD-001 with space addendum.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.