About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
AVIONICS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Based out of Rocket Lab's Headquarters in Long Beach, California the Avionics Production Supervisor is responsible for production execution and continuous development of the avionics component and harness production processes. This position will also ensure that the production schedule and resources, including building a high-performance team, meet the needs of increasing launch and space mission frequencies.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Lead production technicians to ensure clarity and accountability of responsibilities
- Develop and enforce systems, policies, procedures, work instructions and project deadlines
- Carry out and document regular 1-1's (min. monthly) and annual performance review -provide feedback and manage performance and expectations
- Track output of the team against delivery objectives as well as manage capacity planning and schedule of the team
Avionics Component Production
- Lead avionics production planning to drive the execution of PCBA, harness, and applicable EEE component production plan
- Manage work orders on shop floor and alignment vs. system
- Drive and encourage improvement projects and work instruction feedback that either decrease touch-time, improve quality, or reduce safety risk
New Product Introduction
- Introduction of new products into the manufacturing process by supporting with training and planning
- Supervise efforts to introduce new product from engineering development to full rate production by collaborating with engineering
- Seek out and develop new R&D support capability in harnessing and PCBA fast prototyping
- Become proficient in ERP -LN- Production Order Module & Inventory transaction module.
- MES and Issue management system – ensure technicians are trained and are accurately utilizing the system
- Accountable for the quality and conformance to specifications, of the work from your area
- Develops strategies to reduce product defects
- Collaborate with quality team and support product containments and root cause corrective action investigation
- Support to perform and/or coordinate preventive and corrective maintenance on production assets, tooling, and test equipment
- Lead 5s system for production area
- Drive basic preventive maintenance level (cleanliness, performance indicators)
Recruitment & Training
- Manage personnel training and development including onboarding, coaching, training plans and training matrices
- Continual development of technicians to ensure minimum 2-fold coverage - > no single points of failure
- Collaborate with recruitment team to complete the organizational structure of the area
Health & Safety
- Accountable for the team's training and conformance to health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure correct PPE is worn in designated areas
- Ensure near misses and incidents are reported promptly
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of electronic engineering experience or equivalent technical electronics manufacturing experience
- 1+ years of team leadership experience in a production environment
- Experienced with harnessing, PCBA manufacturing, and/or electromechanical assembly
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience preferred in fast-paced production environment with flight quality hardware
- Ability to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings
- Knowledge of safety processes and experience with handling hazardous goods and materials
- Proven ability to aligning capacity to production forecast
- Proven ability to manage resources to meet expected production rate increases
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP/MES) and related programs
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.