About The Role
You will be required to support the build, manufacture and testing of advanced electronic systems. This will include soldering, potting, and harnessing PCB assemblies within mechanical enclosures as well as assembly of such PCB components in a production environment. You will also be required to perform functional testing of the electrical assemblies and components throughout the manufacturing process. You will be expected to provide feedback to design and manufacturing engineers regarding the manufacturability and quality of the hardware.
Minimum Requirements for the role of Avionics Production Junior Technician
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience
- Experience with either soldering, wire harnessing, potting, or circuit board assembly
- Excellent time management and the able to work overtime and long hours if needed
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Familiar with Lithium-Ion battery handling, safety & Usage
- 5+ years of industry experience in electronics assembly and/or testing
- Significant experience with soldering, wire harnessing, potting, and circuit board assemblies
- Experience functional testing electrical assemblies and wiring harnesses such as resistance checks, end-to-end testing, insulation testing, etc.
- Experience working with aerospace electrical components in a cleanroom environment
- Experience working in a high paced aerospace production environment
- Soldering and desoldering of through hole and SMT components
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.