About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Avionics Manufacturing Technician
Avionics manufacturing technicians build and test components and electrical assemblies of the Rutherford rocket engine - an electric propellant pump system. Avionics technicians are responsible for a broad range of responsibilities including; soldering, wire harnessing, PCB assembly, functional testing, operating thermal chambers, creative ideas, and offer continues improvement recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow work instructions, and offer recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Speak openly and elevate concerns / recommendations to Leading Hand.
- Think creatively, and question status quo.
- Actively contribute to local 5S work center.
- Identify and highlight abnormalities.
- Complete assigned special projects and scheduled jobs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years' of relevant industry experience.
- PCB Assembly.
- Soldering and harnessing of small electrical assemblies.
- Experience testing components, sub-assemblies, and operating test equipment.
- Operate thermal chambers, functional test equipment, and perform software driven tests.
- Use of common tools such as; screwdrivers, pliers, spanners, soldering irons.
- Use of specialist tools and equipment; wire strippers, torque drivers, milliohmmeter, multimeter, DC power supply etc.
- Knowledge of standard industry Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) policy.
- Inspect PCB and wiring assemblies meet customer workmanship standards.
- Manufacture to NASA workmanship standards or IPC-610, including soldering and wire harnessing.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work autonomously and in a team environment effectively.
- Experience assembling per manufacturing instructions and drawings.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab