About The Role
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally and is currently growing the team based at Rocket Lab's Los Angeles Headquarters. Rocket Lab believes in giving highly-skilled Technicians ownership of complex aerospace programs from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals utilizing cutting-edge technologies to redefining how the world accesses space.
• Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience
• Experience with either soldering, wire harnessing, potting, or circuit board assembly
• Excellent time management and the able to work overtime and long hours if needed
• A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
• High School diploma or equivalent qualification
• 5+ years of industry experience in electronics assembly and/or testing
• Significant experience with soldering, wire harnessing, potting, and circuit board assemblies
• Experience functional testing electrical assemblies and wiring harnesses such as resistance checks, end-to-end testing, insulation testing, etc.
• Experience working with aerospace electrical components in an ESD environment
• Experience working in a high paced aerospace production environment
• Soldering and desoldering of through hole and SMT components
• Knowledge of MIL-SPEC, IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 standards for electronic systems and assemblies
You must have the ability to work in New Zealand for an initial training period, this could be up to 1 month. Also, you will need to have the ability to make trips to the New Zealand facility for training as necessary. The role will otherwise be based in Los Angeles.
Please include a cover letter with your application and in this we would like you to expand on your experience working in a production environment, your experience and skills in soldering and also any previous experience with troubleshooting.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.