About The Role
We are Rocket Lab and we’ve made frequent and reliable access to space a reality for small satellites. Driven by a mission to lift human potential, we build and launch rockets that put the ideas of the future in orbit. We deliver a premium launch experience that empowers our customers by putting them in control of their mission and launch schedule.
Our relentlessly innovative team is behind Electron, the rocket that re-wrote the rules of what’s possible in spaceflight. The world’s first fully carbon composite launch vehicle, and the first to be powered by 3D printed engines, Electron is launching to orbit now. Every day, we pursue ideas that challenge, excite and demand more of us. And we make them real. We are inspired by the endless possibilities that better access to space will deliver to everyone on Earth. There is so much more to come. Join us for the ride.
Internship Opportunity in our Analysis Team
This is a great opportunity for an intern to join our Analysis Team who contribute to the development of Electron by using modelling and simulation to solve challenging problems involving structures, fluid flow and thermodynamics
What you will need to bring to the role
- Final year mechanical or aerospace engineering / physics student (or equivalent qualification)
- Demonstrated experience working on aerospace related projects
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented Python programming - numpy, pandas, scipy
- Experience in fluid dynamics and thermal modelling
- Strong understanding of physical principles
- Database Application Development
- Data visualisation skills
- Familiarity with structural properties of aerospace materials
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.