About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,800 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Planetary Systems Corporation by Rocket Lab (PSC), a manufacturer of satellite mechanisms, is seeking a proactive aerospace technician with experience in assembly, inspection, and fabrication of mechanisms for commercial and government customers. PSC’s products include separation systems, on-orbit devices, and other electro-mechanical deployables.
AEROSPACE TEST TECHNICIAN
Planetary Systems Corporation (PSC) by Rocket Lab, a manufacturer of satellite mechanisms, is seeking a proactive aerospace technician to execute various aerospace environmental tests.
PSC’s products include separation systems, on-orbit devices, and other electro-mechanical deployables.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Perform environmental testing of aerospace mechanisms using established procedures. Tests include static load, thermal vacuum, benchtop operation, separation, shock and vibration.
- Operate spaceflight hardware and test fixtures using data acquisition system and established procedures.
- Attach and remove components on spaceflight hardware.
- Inspect mechanical and electrical components after test completion.
- Perform maintenance on test fixtures.
- Idea generation of potential process improvements.
- Assist with non-conformance investigations.
YOU’LL BRING THESE SKILLS:
- Strong technical capability and mechanical inclination.
- Familiarity with common aerospace assembly and inspection tools. e.g. torque wrenches, load cells, feeler gauges, calipers, multimeters.
- Integrity and focus to follow and execute procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical degree or previous experience in a relevant position
- Understanding of basic electronic circuitry
- Capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- 2+ years’ experience in aerospace environmental testing.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift 55 lb. (25 kg) in and out of a 4 ft (1.2 m) tall test fixture
- Standing up to 8 hr/day
- Ability to use both hands
- Ability to climb a ladder
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.