About The Role
"Make everything you do a work of art." - Peter Beck
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team. Rocket Lab is it’s people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Rocket Lab has an immediate opening available for an accounts payable clerk with at least two (2) years of A/P experience in the manufacturing industry. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, and prefers a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter and upload invoices into system.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Validate and process expense reports.
- Analyzes vendors statements to ensure timely payments.
- Works with general accounting department with month-end and year-end close.
- Obtain invoice approvals.
- Provide customer service to both internal/external customers by responding to vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail from vendors.
- Other duties as assigned by the department manager.
- Process and match invoices to purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in accounts payable.
- 2+ years’ of ERP experience.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Effective in a collaborative team-oriented environment with frequent employee interactions.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a resourceful nature.
- Manufacturing: 2 years
- SAP, LN, Dynamics or similar ERP system.
- 6 month fixed-term position.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.