About The Role
Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for preparation and review of monthly close to ensure financial reporting is accurate and timely for the organization. This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior team members and reports to the Assistant Controller, requiring strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly close; includes preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and monthly variance analysis.
- Continually monitor accounting policies and procedures and ensure proper application of significant accounting policies are in consistent with GAAP.
- Assist in preparation of consolidated financial reporting of domestic and international operations.
- Review key balance sheet and income statement accounts and investigate monthly fluctuations.
- Monitor daily cash balances and effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues.
- Ensure compliance with all taxation requirements, including the preparation of the annual tax return, and assisting with global tax requirements.
- Analyze and report variances to operating budgets and prior period results.
- Provide supervision, training and development of staff.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and engage in special projects for management.
- Review and challenge current processes with an objective to create efficiencies.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
- At least seven (7) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance
- Solid understanding of accounting, finance, and operations within a global corporate accounting environment
- Strong leadership, management and people skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to explain complex ideas and information to others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Ability to routinely meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Big 4 or Public Accounting preferred
- Foreign currency and International experience preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in aerospace and defense is a plus
- Experience with Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab