About The Role
The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior team members and reports to the Controller, requiring strong interpersonal communication skills both written & verbal.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for preparation and review of monthly close and to ensure financial reporting is accurate and timely for the organization. This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Solid understanding of accounting, finance, and operations within a global corporate accounting environment.
- Strong leadership, management and people skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to explain complex ideas and information to others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results.
- Ability to routinely meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- B.S. in accounting or finance.
- Manufacturing industry experience a must.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- At least seven (7) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience.
- Big 4 or Public Accounting preferred.
- Foreign currency and International experience preferred.
- Experience working within the aerospace & defense industry.
- Experience with Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly close; includes preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and monthly variance analysis.
- Continually monitor accounting policies and procedures and ensure proper application of significant accounting policies are consistent with GAAP.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial reporting of domestic and international operations.
- Review key balance sheet and income statement accounts and investigate monthly fluctuations.
- Monitor daily cash balances and effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues.
- Ensure compliance with all taxation requirements, including the preparation of the annual tax return, and assisting with global tax requirements.
- Analyze and report variances to operating budgets and prior period results.
- Provide supervision, training and development of staff.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and engage in special projects for management.
- Review and challenge current processes with an objective to create efficiencies.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.