About The Role
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week.
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Accounting and Finance ERP Specialist
The Accounting and Finance ERP Specialist role is responsible for the financial systems administration, financial data integrity, finance business process automation and configuration of Rocket Lab’s ERP system. In addition, the Accounting and Finance ERP Specialist will lead specific projects aimed at increasing the efficiency, effectiveness and automation of the finance team processing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Develop and/or maintain key relationships with:
- The US and NZ Accounting Managers, FP&A Manager, Corporate Controller and CFO to ensure financial activities are in-line with corporate objectives, policies and standards.
- Accounting Teams in both the US and NZ to ensure the teams have appropriate ERP training and the processes are efficient and appropriately controlled so information is accurate and correctly captured in the ERP system. This includes end user support.
- The ERP Team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of ERP projects, testing, deployments and process improvements.
- Responsible for financial system administration and configuration in the ERP.
- Responsible for financial data integrity within the ERP System.
- Responsible for the user security for the financial systems and ERP.
- Direct and timely end-user support.
- Finance subject matter expert on the ERP system and supporting systems.
- Design and implementation of automated finance processes using robotic process automation within both the ERP system and the ancillary finance systems.
- Design and implementation of ancillary financial systems to ERP such as payroll, time recording and credit card/expense/mileage management.
- Being responsible for documentation and the development of user guides for financial processes and controls appropriate for Rocket Lab’s internal control, audit and tax requirements.
- Ensuring that Rocket Lab makes best use of the system capabilities to improve management decision making and process controls and efficiencies.
- Researching and evaluating appropriate reporting tools for producing financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Ensure system compliance with appropriate international, federal, state and any other third-party financial reports are prepared and filed on time within the various international jurisdictions Rocket Lab operates, ensuring that these meet all required standards e.g. GAAP, SEC, IRS, IRD, Sarbanes-Oxley and IFRS.
- Assist with compliance and best practice by reviewing and developing financial procedures to ensure compliance, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure system compliance with all taxation requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Rocket Lab’s corporate financial policies.
- Develop or embed new policies or changes as required.
- Advise the Finance/Accounting team on any
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.