About The Role
This position will involve regular interfacing with the engineers and technicians in our US facilities to document the processes performed. This documentation needs to be written clearly an in a manner that can easily be interpreted by current and future staff.
- Shadow engineers and technicians performing the work/process and create process instructions/documentation from observations, notes and photographs
- Creating process instructions covering all areas including work, process, test, training and user manuals for production and testing
- Producing all documentation independently
- Holding discussions for drafts of documents effectively with relevant parties and determine the actions needed to release the documents for use
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth. Since our inception, we have grown dramatically and with successful commercial launches tied to our name, we don’t expect this growth to slow down any time soon.
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally, and we are looking for accomplished and motivated individuals to join the Rocket Lab Headquarters. We believe in giving highly-skilled employees ownership of processes from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals to help us redefine how the world accesses space.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- 5+ years of experience in technical documentation with a successful proven track record
- SolidWorks experience/ability to read CAD drawings
- HTML experience
- Project Management experience
- Document management system experience
- The ability to work well with colleagues and stakeholders to obtain the information required to create documentation independently
- Strong hands on experience within a manufacturing/production environment
- Mechanically minded
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.