About The Role
- Purchasing – You will be tasked with ensuring components are ordered, manufactured and delivered to specification and on time; negotiating with supplies to get the best terms possible and troubleshooting any issues that arise along the way
- Customer Service – Utilizing excellent customer service and communication to ensure information is communicated in a timely manner to all relevant parties to ensure that as a Buyer you are a trusted partner throughout the business
- Reporting & Data Integrity – Ensuring all purchase related data is recorded and updated in a timely manner
- Process – Identifying improvement opportunities in the process and developing solutions
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space by providing frequent launch opportunities to low orbit Earth. Since our inception, we have grown dramatically and with successful commercial launches tied to our name, we don’t expect this growth to slow down any time soon.
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally, and we are looking for accomplished and motivated individuals to join the Rocket Lab Headquarters. We believe in giving highly-skilled employees ownership of processes from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals to help us redefine how the world accesses space.
- 3+ years’ experience in a purchasing/buying position, ideally in a manufacturing or aerospace environment
- A proactive and can-do attitude with the ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both within the organization and externally with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time
- MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- MRP system knowledge
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.