About The Role
The successful applicant will take a hands-on approach to supporting two of Rocket Lab’s propulsion test sites and working alongside the current test engineers and technicians.
Daily tasks will include the transport of components and engineers between facilities, procurement and supply to support activities, maintenance, cleaning and general testing operations support.
You will need to have a proactive attitude towards your work and a willingness to take ownership of a facility and to excel in this role it is vital that you are a mechanically minded individual.
- Test Operations Support – Transferring flight components and people between test sites and Rocket Lab’s head quarters
- Test Facility Support – Assisting with test facility maintenance, cleaning, managing consumable stock levels and moving materials between sites
- 5+ years’ work experience, preferably in an engineering environment
- Good hands on skills coupled with basic power tool skills
- Proactive attitude towards improvements and an eye for detail
- Works well with a team or individually
- An organised individual who can solve problems
- Good communicator
- Basic computing skills and experience with Word excel and email
- Can work to deadlines.
- A current driver’s license
- Trade qualified preferred
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.