About The Role
- The propulsion testing activities at the Auckland Airport Test Cell for the Rutherford and Curie propulsion systems
- The testing activities at the Stack Test Site for the stage stack testing
- The propulsion testing activities during launch campaigns
On a day to day basis you will be testing rocket engines, sub-components and full Electron stages for development and acceptance before launch to space.
This is a truly brilliant opportunity to work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand.
Key areas of responsibility include
- Team Management – Effectively managing the current team of 8 highly skilled and experienced test engineers
- Test Operations - Scheduling and undertaking test operations to ensure activities meet current company deadlines and milestones
- Hardware Development - Working with other Propulsion Team members to continually improve the design and functionality of the products through R&D and qualification testing
- Health & Safety – Ensuring all staff are trained in safety practices and procedures and that Rocket Lab’s health & Safety strategy is followed at all times
- 5+ years testing experience ideally gained in the Aerospace industry
- 5+ years team leadership and people management experience, with a proven record in being able to effectively manage and motivate a team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or mechatronics engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements
- Experience with national instruments (although not essential is preferred)
- Experience with Solidworks (although not essential is preferred)
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.