About The Role
- Leading and mentoring junior manufacturing engineers
- Process design, implementation and optimization of the production line
- Leading quality investigations and root cause analysis
- Leading process mapping and re-engineering reviews
- Drive the standardization of processes and implementation of metrics and best practices
- Problem solving and troubleshooting issues on the production line as they occur
- Provide technical support to the design team during the R&D process
- Development of standards and procedures.
- Ensuring that the relevant health and safety procedures are met.
- An engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or an equivalent qualification
- Practical hands on experience in mechanical assembly, avionics/electronics, composite manufacture
- 10+ years proven experience working in complex design/manufacturing environments. Ideally hand assembled production lines with large Bills of Materials
- Working knowledge of Value Stream Mapping, Statistical Process Control, Lean, and 6 Sigma manufacturing techniques
- Experience in the development of process documentation that will include standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Proven team leadership experience with a background in recruitment, training and mentoring staff• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both within the organisation and externally with suppliers
- A strong understanding of safety processes, and experience with hazardous goods handling
- The ability to be un-phased by change
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.