About The Role
Launching a Rocket is a dance between multiple teams, multiple sites, and multiple complex systems working together towards the ultimate goal: orbit. Flight Operations software helps bring this orchestra together and get customers’ payloads to orbit safely and efficiently.
Reporting to the Software Manager, you will take a lead role in defining and developing the systems used by Rocket Lab’s Mission Control Operators. This Human Machine Interface is much more than UX for critical aerospace systems, it needs to bring together automated processes with intuitive and critical decision making only the human brain can provide.
Essential Skills and Experience:
As Principal or Senior Engineer (Flight Operations) you will be experienced in the delivery of engineering projects with a high technical risk. Along with this, your essential skills and experience need to include;
- A Tertiary Diploma, Certificate or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 10+ years’ experience within a related field
- Experience with at least one of these: Redmine, Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, or other issue tracker
- C# Development
- Windows Application Development
- Networked application development
- Leading anomaly resolutions in a cross-functional team
- The ability to efficiently delegate engineering tasks to other Engineer
- Experience budgeting and developing business cases
- Proven experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.