About The Role
This newly created part-time position will work closely with the Finance Operations Team Lead and People & Culture team members to perform all activities necessary to process the payroll across Rocket Lab’s US and NZ Operations, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports, preparing accounting transactions and documents, and preparing special reports for management.
- Relationship Management with members of the Finance team and the People & Culture team.
- Full end to end payroll processing.
- Ensuring correct coding of transactions in line with Generally Accepting Accounting Principles.
- Ensuring payroll processing complies with relevant employment law.
- Ensuring records adhere with applicable tax and compliance requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to Rocket Lab’s delegated authority framework and associated policies and procedures.
- To ensure Rocket Lab’s employee database is accurate and up-to-date, and assisting with employee reporting.
- Investigating and resolving any payroll queries.
- Create and execute payroll cycles, including manual payroll cycles as appropriate.
- Reconciliations of supplier accounts.
- Month end accruals.
- Administration of time-sheeting.
- To uphold the integrity of the general ledger by ensuring accurate recording payroll transactions.
- Assisting with the preparation of New Zealand taxation and compliance as required for review.
- Assisting with the preparation of State employment, social security and employee insurance returns and compliance as required for review.
- Ensuring all payments are made in accordance with Rocket Lab’s treasury policies.
- A solid understanding of Payroll, reconciliations and the month end process.
- Upholds a high level of integrity and respects privacy confidences in dealing with personnel information.
- Experienced in administrating internal controls & associated internal policies across payroll.
- An understanding of payroll tax & compliance requirements.
- To be highly organised, structured and able to manage your time effectively through taking a systematic approach to your tasks.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to help with a variety of tasks.
- To be computer savvy, with at least an intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel and Word.
- A strong team player who is also capable of working independently.
- You will also need to be fastidious, structured capable of working quickly.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.